As construction attorneys who understand their clients’ businesses, we can partner with our clients to provide targeted consulting and training services. In fact, many national and regional firms use our services to improve their bottom line and to avoid future problems. Our most often requested services include performing due diligence on the other parties involved in a construction project, reviewing and implementing best credit practices for material suppliers, and training and consultation regarding Georgia’s materialmen’s lien laws and statutory notice scheme.
These, and other topics, help our clients separate themselves from their competition; furthermore, our services can help make our clients’ projects more successful. In today’s competitive market, it is imperative that firms implement and maintain efficient business practices, and we can help! We offer consulting services in the following areas:
- Credit Departments
- Risk Allocation
- Construction Insurance Requirements
- Problem Solving on Current Construction Projects
- Multi-State Construction Practices
- Construction Contracting’s Best Practices
- Georgia’s Statutory Construction Notice Scheme (i.e., Pre-Construction Notice Requirements such as Notices of Commencements and Notices to Owner)
- Materialmen’s Lien Filing Departments
- Dealing with Subcontractors
- Construction Collection Departments
- Idemnification and Suretyship
- Project Consulting
- Best business practices
- Other areas related to the construction industry
- How to reduce Waste
- Increase Profitability
- The Future of the Construction Industry
Our decades of legal experience representing project owners, developers, prime contractors, subcontractors and materialmen in all aspects of construction law, have taught the attorneys at the Cobb Law Group the business and economics of the construction industry from our clients’ perspective. As leaders in the field, we are active in many construction-related professional groups including the Associated General Contractors, the American Subcontractors Association, and the Construction Suppliers Association. Through our involvement in these and other associations helps us track construction trends and follow multi-state construction requirements.
Founding construction attorney Mark Cobb has the added benefit of teaching business and economics at both the undergraduate level and the masters level. Thus, he is constantly adding the latest business practices theories to his repertoire. His construction business consulting services can aid clients in making vital, economic decisions including:
- vetting owners, contractors, and specialty subcontractors
- developing credit policies for extending credit to your customers
- project accounting
- improving bonding capacity
- in-house counsel vs. outside counsel
- when to employ third-party collectors
- construction contract negotiation
- project management essentials
- employing economic analysis to your business
Our construction consultants help you identify areas in your business which need improvement–perhaps your profits are disappearing due to inefficiency or maybe your costs of production are too high. Regardless, our in-depth analysis can help your business refine its goals, increase profits, and decide which projects can be feasibly outsourced. We develop specific plans tailored to the micro-economic needs of business, your particular, professional environment, and the trends involving current macroeconomic factors. We can help position your business for future success.
The Cobb Law Group is a full-service construction business law firm representing clients on projects throughout Georgia. Let our experience help you!