During this special holiday season, the attorneys and staff of the Cobb Law Group would like to take this opportunity to thank our clients, friends, colleagues, and vendors for their support. We truly believe that our clients are among the finest construction professionals in the country, and it’s their hard work and their integrity which we protect.
We represent construction professionals in many different situations, but many of our clients are contractors or material suppliers who have fully performed under some type of contract but another party failed to pay them. Other clients look to us to help them with their contract drafting and negotiation or to resolve disputes. Regardless, it is an honor to be a trusted advisor to these wonderful people.
Whether we represent a large Fortune 500 company or a local, mom-and-pop contractor, we understand that it is about the people–it’s about relationships, it’s about integrity, and it’s about hard work. We are grateful that so many of our clients share the same values as we do. In this day, finding quality construction professionals can be difficult, but we have the honor of working with some of the best!
As we look back every year, it is natural to reflect upon the lessons and changes which have occurred. It is especially appropriate this year as 2014 brought many positive changes to our firm and business. To recap just a few of our highlights from the year:
- Our client base has almost doubled!
- We filed scores of Georgia materialmen’s liens and payment bond claims
- We were featured speakers at the AGC Georgia’s First Construction Forum and Marketplace
- Mark was a co-author of the book Construction Subcontracting, A Comprehensive Legal and Practical Guide which was published this past spring by the Forum on the Construction Industry a part of the American Bar Association
- We’ve hired a new construction and environmental lawyer (who will be joining us in January 2015)
- We published the 28-page booklet entitled Georgia Material Supplier Collection Handbook
- We presented “Construction Contracts 101″ for a continuing education seminar for architects and engineers
- We were asked to speak at a roundtable sponsored by the Construction Suppliers’ Association
- We moderated a telephone conference for a nationwide construction lawyer’s group on emerging trends in construction payment issues
- Christopher was nominated for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Man of the Year
- Mark was Chairman of the Board of Trustees for The Vashti Center (2d year)
- Mark was approved to teach an undergraduate class on Construction Law for spring 2015 at Thomas University
- Mark was asked to lead a Webinar on construction contract basics for the Cabinet Makers’ Association
- The Cobb Law Group continues to be a leader in Georgia’s Subcontractor Law
2014 was a great year, but our expectations for 2015 are even higher! Thanks to a tremendous and loyal client base, great lawyers and staff who are active in their communities, and several surprises in the pipeline, we are confident that the coming year will be even better!