To a lender, perhaps nothing can seem as frustrating as a debtor filing bankruptcy. Business is disrupted, creditors, suppliers and customers are often left holding the bag, late fees and interest accumulates, and the lender’s hands are seemingly tied. The lawyers of the Cobb Law Group represent creditors’ rights throughout the State of Georgia, and we understand these frustrations very well. We ensure that your rights as a creditor are articulated, advanced and enforced.
The Bankruptcy Reform Act of 2005 changed the landscape of bankruptcy law. Changes in homestead (rules / limits) affected Georgia creditors, and we have experience representing national creditor clients in all forms of bankruptcy proceedings, including Chapter 11 reorganizations, Chapter 7 liquidations and Chapter 13 filings. We can help:
- Negotiate and draft carve outs and interim financing agreements
- File proofs of claim to protect a creditor’s interest
- Move to Lift the Automatic Stay enabling a lender to take back collateral
- Review and vote on a debtor’s Chapter 11 Plan
- Commence and pursue adversary proceedings to enforce a creditor’s rights
- Object to a debtor’s discharge
- Represent a creditor in an unsecured creditors’ committee
- Represent defendants in preference payment or other avoidance actions
At the Cobb Law Group, we are focused on your business and organization. We assist businesses in all areas of business law. Contact us today to discuss your needs with our knowledgeable and helpful legal team.